Is there an app for that…yes off course there is an app for problems that are not even unearthed yet.
Now comes the challenge…does that app risk compromising your security in every facet of your livelyhood (IT professionals refer to this as attack surface)…yes unfortunately it does if you act gung ho.
So not to throw the baby out with the water, apps are great positive appendixes to your life….you should constantly educate yourself on the topic of security and use apps wise. Everytime you use a free (often paid) app or service then it is simply spying on you by trading your personal info for advertising money….this is the rule of economics and is as simple as that.
Big tech companies became super wealthy by selling your private info and then either adding it into the massive fine print or denying it.
The current state of IT security in particular is that there is now no such thing any longer as absolute secururity as it was replaced by the term ‘Zero Trust’ that is a radfically different approach…
At CATIM we promote and have fully adopted a Zero Trust philosophy in all our solutions.
Additional Post information
- Broadcom ‘What is Zero Trust’…see video here
- What it’s like to use a De-Googled phone in real life?…see intriguing video here
- Computer Scientists Achieve ‘Crown Jewel’ of Cryptography…see article here
- A certain social site does what with your userdata? …see the article here
- How Zero-Trust Should be Expanded to Include your Embedded Devices/IoT…see article here