IoT is a concept that will enable humans to have eyes and ears everywhere and at all times. The capability to relay data from isolated places on earth such as the ocean relies on radio frequency basestations. Land based networks depend on cellular networks however remote areas use expensive satellite networks.
A few organanizations such as the Tesla guys, Amazon and Lacuna launched sallites during 2019 that will serve high speed internet and low power IoT type traffic from space. This relieves these players totally from government beaurocracies and greed making it highly feasible and cost effective.
Additional Post information
- What is LoRaWAN?…see article here
- LoRaWAN is flexible…see video here
- Lucuna Space providing LoRa here
- Lacuna Space announces success with initial satellite LoRa testing as here
- LoRa-based Devices Connect to Satellite Gateways Using the LoRaWAN Protocol as here
- FossaSat-1, an Open Source Satellite for the Internet of Things as here
- LoRa transmission from low orbit satellite as here
- LoRa Alliance gees-up troops for ‘massive’ IoT battle – ‘only’ LoRaWAN ready for scale…see article here