Radio is fast becoming the preferred method for communications due to cost and time saving.
Low power radio can now communicate over vast distances replacing previous limitations. Recently mesh has been added to BLE making it a serious contender to ZigBee that never saw mobile phone adoption.
Additional Post information
- Bluetooth Low Energy: A Primer…see article here
- Bluetooth® 5.3 – What’s new for IoT device makers and application developers?…see article here
- First Z-Wave Long Range Solution Enabling One Mile Connectivity…see article here
- World’s Lowest Power Wireless Chip for IoT Applications…see article here
- 6 Leading Types of IoT Wireless Tech and Their Best Use Cases…see article here