The winds of change are blowing a gale for major computing chip companies such as Intel, AMD and ARM. As what is common with incumbent dinosaurs that protect their turf by burying their heads in the sand with their inflexible ancient technology….your typical mobile and pc is about to step into processing power heaven!
RISC-V open source architecture have been around for 4 years but it took an incident such as Trump devoiding the Chinese of his precious chip dinosaurs to make use of open core RISC-V out of necessity to recently launch Huawei’s new P30 mobile and change the world of IT forever.
The YouTube video makes for compelling thoughts of what will all of a sudden be possible when every Tom, Dick and Harry can create a computing chip to their own liking
Additional Post information
- RISC-V grows globally as an alternative to Arm and its license fees…in addition to the above video see this article here
- 5 Pivotal Events in IoT and Embedded view here
- Silicon Root of Trust Goes Open Source with OpenTitan view here
- Programmable electronics based on the reversible doping of 2-D semiconductors…see article here
- Android open sourced for RISC-V…see article here
- Navigating through change: An interview with NXP Semiconductors’ Kurt Sievers…see article here
- Maxim, Aizip to provide low-power IoT person detection chip…see article here
- 1000X Regular Chips from New Cerebras AI Wafer Chip…see article here
- Whitepaper collection on communications…see here