“The 5G mobile broadband and communication standard will provide astounding improvements over 4G networks,” CSCMP points out. “It will be so fast that you can download 20 videos in the time it takes for one today; it will be so efficient with network energy that your sensors’ batteries will last 10 years instead of one; it will connect up to 1 million devices per square kilometer with 100 times more capacity than today, thus powering full-scale deployment of the Internet of Things (IoT).”
- Improved “business as usual”.
- Early adopters in last-mile shipping.
- Next frontier in productivity.
- Emerging revenue opportunities.
- Vertical integration of service providers.
- End-to-end view of the supply chain.