These days there’s an IT pony show that comes to town everyday…arguably by the minute it seems.
First there was the wonderous cloud to suck up to all our needs for super processing simply by providing credit card details for a seemingly never ending subscription
Well it’s sibling just arrived in town and it’s called ‘Edge computing’ and promises to be everything that cloud has not been…yet. Even Telstra is looking at converting all their now mostly unused exchanges into ‘Edge computing’ centres
So what is edge computing you may ask….it’s a cloud complementing component located in the very last mile that offers better segmentation, lower latency, improved redundancy and a lot more so it’s all eyes on this new phenomenon however my gut feel tells me it’s a winner….
Additional Post information
- Edge computing: When to outsource, when to DIY…see article
- What are data centers, and how are they changing?…see article
- What is edge computing and why it matters…see article
- Why KubeEdge is my favorite open source project of 2020…see article here
- Could 5G edge computing become 5G’s saving grace?…see article here
- Research: What 5G means for edge computing…see article here
- Six industries impacted by the combination of 5G and edge computing…see article here
- More questions answered on IIoT cloud to edge…see article here
- How edge computing has become a $250 billion ‘perfect complement’ to cloud computing…see article here
- Edge computing is coming, and businesses aren’t ready…see article here